With so much effort spent on a new apparel design, fashion designers and clothing manufacturers definitely want to present it in the best way possible. Services of highly professional photographers are needed to promote new designs on the market. At this, the quality of a photoshoot affects the efficacy of promotion and determines the result. The task is to show the benefits of the product and emphasize beautifully-crafted details to make customers fall in love with newly-released apparel designs.
Principles of the precise fashion photoshoot
High-quality photos of new designs attract instant attention. It is necessary to prepare a photoshoot correctly to succeed. Much depends on the purposes of a photoshoot. If you need apparel shots for product pages, this type of photoshoot differs from the one organized to get photos for social media posts, while the informative article in a fashion blog requires a different approach. You can create visual content to inform your audience, for instance, or to increase your brand’s recognition.
No matter what goal you pursue, it’s almost impossible to achieve them without the work of a professional photographer. Let us suppose you need to present a new collection to your customers. It is not necessary to make pictures of all items of a new collection in the initial stage. If you show the best product and remind customers to check out a new collection later, it works perfectly.
Product imagery is used by brands to sell their story. You should explore the best practices to drive clothing purchases. It takes time to acquire experience, but you can always rely on the experience of other clothing brands that manage such tasks easily. Here are several highlights of the right apparel photoshoot to focus on before arranging a photoshoot.
- Retailers have discovered that shoppers prefer to buy clothes with straightforward and front-facing model images. It works especially well when the list of product photos includes shots of about 5 details on average. Customers are eager to see the item from all angles, especially when they are shopping online and don’t have the opportunity to try clothes before buying. Consequently, you have to provide a set of pictures to customers to make the best of sales.
- You should select the right photoshoot techniques depending on the type of the target audience. Professionals employ different marketing methods for men and women, which are reflected in the ways photos are presented.
- Products presented with flat shots are less demanded than the ones displayed on models. This is topical even for accessories. Clothes and accessories are usually styled to tell a story to the audience. However, men perceive it differently. They don’t need a story and prefer garment-focused images. A photographer should take it into consideration when the photoshoot is organized.
- Though product photos may seem less artful than images, which fashion lovers see in magazine spreads, they become more crucial for the viability of the e-commerce brand. It is recommended for photographers to shoot models from a more flattering lower angle with direct light. It helps to create the most compelling photo of the outfit that sits on the body well.
- Visual content should be versatile and captivating. Only in this case, does it get selling power and takes your brand to the top! Don’t publish identical content for different channels. It is natural that photos for blog posts differ considerably from what you see on product pages, to say nothing of official announcements and press releases.
- There are different ways to celebrate a new collection of clothes. To promote a new product release, merchants add “NEW!” or “JUST RELEASED” sections in the store. You need to showcase the best items and make their top-selling products.
7 tips on effective apparel promotion with photos
Depending on the situation, clothing brands select the promotion methods that contribute to the brand’s positioning and engagement with a wider audience. But there is one thing that remains unchanged regardless of the promotion policy selected by the company. The choice of stunning photos from a professional photo studio is a must to get excellent results. This is the first step to effective apparel promotion. You can’t skip or neglect it. Here are some tips for clothing brands to promote apparel with photos effectively.
- Choose online promotion
Since shopping is a social phenomenon just like style and success, online promotion is the best way to promote your fashion collection. In this respect, the knowledge of customers’ social media habits can be used to your benefit. All consumers are usually active users of social networks, therefore you should study the relationship between fashion and social networks. Photos present a significant part of work with the community. Finally, consumers can shop directly from some social media platforms, so photos of designs are used as product shots as well.
- Be flexible as you present photos of new designs
Interactivity is an essential element for this industry, enabling adjustments to your project during the advertising campaign. Photos made in time help you to be more flexible as you perform. It would be great for clothing companies to get social media buzz about new fall/winter or spring/summer looks, thus affecting the demand and success of sales.
Photos are needed to share outfit ideas and follow the reaction. Presenting photos of new designs, designers and clothing companies get feedback and decide what to accentuate and what to leave in the background.
Explore customers’ feedback
Clothing brands employ social media channels at full. They publish garment shots to get reviews from the public. It gives the opportunity not just to blast your consumers with photos of your designs, but to analyze their feedback. Looking at product shots, people leave comments and share their opinions.
This is a unique chance to see your customer. It can become a valuable source of inspiration and creativity for fashion designers, while marketing specialists conduct research and plan further work accordingly..
- Create style guides and stunning looks for your customers
People working in the fashion industry find the pairing of clothes, shoes, and accessories easy and natural. However, it may not be the same way for the audience looking through fashion blogs and websites. It requires some experience for a person to acquire the same level of fashion ease. This is one more reason why photos capture the attention of an audience. Photos serve an educational goal as well, working as style guides for fashion lovers. Employ this helpful tool to your advantage. You can use it later on your website, for email marketing campaigns, etc. Working over well-put-together style guides can take some time and effort but it pays off eventually well. It also helps to increase the customer base, as customers greatly appreciate such support and follow your tips with pleasure. The effort is worth it.
- Contribute to SEO promotion with photos
High-quality photos are also necessary for the blog, which contributes to the growth of the brand. This is an amazing marketing tool you can use effectively to build SEO for your website leading to more free traffic. Additionally, blog materials help to build brand loyalty among the audience. Excellent photos are significant. You should just make sure that you maintain a consistent publishing calendar with high-quality content to keep your readers engaged.
- Make more photos to increase conversion of online store
Product images are also important when you want to increase the conversion of your online store. As was mentioned above, product pages should include several photos that display clothing items from different perspectives. And though videos can boast better efficiency in attracting the attention of the audience, this type of content can’t substitute photos due to file size limitations. Since it’s essential to download product pages fast, light weight of content is necessary. It excludes heavy formats of video files. So, we can conclude that pictures still remain the primary force in your arsenal. Consequently, you should find a good photographer or a studio to make the best of this visual tool and make your brand a hit.
- Don’t neglect strict planning and discipline
Successful e-commerce has much to do with discipline. Companies should plan the photoshoot and follow the schedule strictly. Make it a rule, and stick to it without exclusions if you want to succeed. It is probably not enough just to plan a single photoshoot. You should plan a series of photoshoots to have enough visual content at your disposal and release it in portions to keep the audience interested. The publications should be frequent and regular to remind of your trade name and make the audience expect new releases. You should learn to form the FOMO (fear of missing out) sensation to boost your sales. For instance, it is always interesting to see the process of a photoshoot in live mode for customers. You need to plan your social media activity and orchestrate it to attain success.
All aspects of a garment photoshoot are important, from framing to lighting. All these things taken together work to make shoppers add products to their carts. If you fail in just one thing, it can break the customer’s decision to purchase a product. Apply to our photography studio to get astonishing clothing photos and guaranteed results of effective promotion.